A few months ago my husband and I decided to take the plunge and buy a fixer. Our new house is in a great location, but it's small and it is, well, a fixer. To save money I've been working as the general, hiring subcontractors, pulling permits, designing, and supervising. We've removed the asbestos, put in new heating/air and ductwork, upgraded the electrical, redone the walls, floors and ceilings (the ceiling will need to be redon, thanks to the heating dudes), trenched the outdoor electrical, and put on a new roof. I've been painting and tiling and pulling out hair. Needless to say, although I've also been trying to write and illustrate, work has been a slow. As many freelancers know, sometimes life just gets in the way. But, happily this past weekend I was able to get my studio, not just up and running, (it's suposedly been up and running since week one) but also functioning. I've reorganized the area and now, at last, am ready to WORK. Yay!